CAPTURE THAT PRECIOUS MOMENT ON ANALOG RECORD
While listening to music on digital devices has become the norm, analog records continue to attract people with their warm sound. CUT&REC is a dubplate service which allows you to create an original, one-of-a-kind record online. As long as you have an audio recording and artwork, anyone can make their own original record including jacket, starting from editions of one copy. Have your precious moment cut into the grooves of your own original record!
GIVE FORM TO YOUR MEMORIES WITH OUR RECORD JACKETS AND PICTURE DISCS
In addition to records and jackets, we also accommodate short-run productions of picture discs, starting from editions of one copy. You can create your own design for CUT&REC's record jackets and picture discs using everyday photos or artwork. A design with striking visuals and a strong presence is the perfect way to give form to your memories. For picture discs, you can choose between 7 and 12-inch sizes.
ONLINE ORDERING IN 4 STEPS
Select 7, 10 or 12-inch record size from among the size options. Picture discs are available in 7 and 12-inch sizes.
Upload your audio files. You can put them on both the A and B sides.
Design the jacket and center label, or picture disc online.
Check your design on the 3D preview screen. You can view a rendering of your original record in 360°.
EACH RECORD AND JACKET ARE MADE ONE AT A TIME. HANDMADE WITH PASSION
EASY ONLINE ORDERING. PREVIEW WITH 3D RENDERING
Ordering your original record can be done completely online. After following the steps and uploading your original audio recordings and images from your computer, you can preview a 3D rendering of the record. You can always check the price and expected ship date, ensuring a smooth ordering process. (Please note that all browsers may not support the 3D preview.)
PRICE IS DETERMINED BY NUMBER OF TRACKS AND DESIGN
At CUT&REC, the final price for your record depends on how many tracks you need and whether or not you wish to have artwork. Choose the record size and upload the recordings you want on the record, and the price will be calculated according to the number of tracks. We also offer a bulk discount for orders of 2 or more records, with a maximum of 20% off. You can make your own customized record with CUT&REC dubplate service.
RECORD SIZES AND PRICES
7-inch / from ¥3,800
About the size of the palm of one's hand, our popular 7-inch is the perfect size for short recordings for a single. We also recommend it for messages due to its compact recording time.
- Price per track: ¥500
- Label design: + ¥1,000
- Picture disc: + ¥3,000
- Jacket: + ¥3,000
- Track limit: Up to 10 tracks total (5 tracks per side)
- Time length: Up to 10 minutes total (5 minutes per side)
- Record type: Black / Clear / Picture disc
- Jacket size: Approximately 185 mm × 185 mm
- Recommended resolution: 300 dpi / 2280 px × 2280 px
10-inch / from ¥4,800
Our exquisite 10-inch records are reminiscent of 78 rpm records and their jacket size feels just right. From musical pieces to messages, they can accommodate a wide variety of uses.
- Price per track: ¥500
- Label design: + ¥1,000
- Jacket: + ¥3,000
- Track limit: Up to 16 tracks total (8 tracks per side)
- Time length: Up to 16 minutes total (8 minutes per side)
- Record type: Black / Clear
- Jacket size: Approximately 265 mm × 265 mm
- Recommended resolution: 300 dpi / 3190 px × 3190 px
12-inch / from ¥5,800
For multiple tracks or for full-length recordings, we recommend the most universal size of record, the 12-inch. With its impactful, large jacket size, you can truly feel the attraction of analog records.
- Price per track: ¥500
- Label design: + ¥1,000
- Picture disc: + ¥3,000
- Jacket: + ¥3,000
- Track limit: Up to 24 tracks total (12 tracks per side)
- Time length: Up to 24 minutes total (12 minutes per side)
- Record type: Black / Clear / Picture disc
- Jacket size: Approximately 315 mm × 315 mm
- Recommended resolution: 300 dpi / 3780 px × 3780 px
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q Can I put commercially sold music on my record?Audio recordings that may conflict with copyright laws cannot be used. Please note it is assumed that the customer shall bear all responsibility for necessary copyright clearance in regard to the copyrights, neighboring rights, or master license rights of submitted audio recordings, and that we shall bear no responsibility whatsoever.
Q Can I use a commercially sold photograph or image for my artwork?Images that may conflict with copyright laws or photographs that infringe on rights of publicity cannot be used. Please note it is assumed that the customer shall bear all responsibility for necessary copyright clearance in regard to copyrighted images and rights of publicity of the submitted images, and that we shall bear no responsibility whatsoever.
Q Are there limits for the format and size of the submitted audio files?Besides WAV and MP3, we also accept M4A, MP4, and FLAC, with a maximum size of 300 MB per file. The maximum bitrate allowed is 2,304 kbps. WAV files are the ideal format due to their high resolution sound.
Q Does the sound quality change when made into a record?In order to provide sound quality appropriate for an analog record, we optimize your submitted audio files using our own adjustments to convert from digital to analog, which results in a warm analog sound.
Q What type of image file formats do you accept for the jacket artwork?We accept JPG, PNG, and SVG files, with a maximum size of 50MB per file.
Q What is included with my order?In addition to the record and jacket, an inner sleeve and outer sleeve are also included. Picture discs also come in their own special plastic covers.
Q What payment methods are accepted?We only accept payment by credit card (VISA / MASTER / JCB / AMEX).
Q How much does shipping cost?Shipping within Japan is a flat fee of ¥800. Rates for international orders vary according to region and number of items, so please check the shipping rate on the order confirmation page.
Q About how long after ordering will my item ship?Items normally ship 10 business days after we receive your order. Please note that shipments may be subject to delay due to the season and circumstances regarding the order.
Q Is it possible to cancel or change my order?Please note that since our service's original records are all made-to-order, it is our policy to not accept cancellations or changes once your order has been completed.
Q Is there anything which cannot be put on the record?Due to the particular properties of analog records, please note that we may be unable to cut audio recordings which are excessively loud, contain excessively high or low frequencies, or are out of phase. In the event we are unable to cut your submitted recording, your money will be refunded.
Specified Commercial Transactions Law
|Managed by||Soundrope, LLC|
|Location||765 Shinmarukomachi, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, Japan|
|Sales price||Please refer to "Record Sizes and Prices."|
|Payment methods||We only accept payment by credit card (VISA / MASTER / JCB / AMEX).|
|Required fees in addition to product price||Shipping within Japan is a flat fee of ¥800. Rates for international orders vary according to region, so please check the shipping rate on the order confirmation page.|
|Delivery time||Usually shipped 10 business days after receipt of order.|
|Please contact us within 7 days of receiving your item.||We are unable to accept returns or refunds after items have been shipped. We will only exchange defective items for a new item.|
|Valid period for returns||Please contact us within 7 days.|
|Return shipping cost||In the event your item is defective, we will cover the cost of return shipping.|
Please read before making your original record
Article 1 Definitions
- The Terms of Service (hereinafter referred to as the "Terms") set forth the conditions for using the services (hereinafter referred to as the "Services") provided by Soundrope, LLC (hereinafter referred to as the "Company") via this website. The user (hereinafter referred to as the "User") agrees to the use of these Services in accordance with the Terms.
- The Terms shall apply to all aspects of use of the Services between the User and the Company.
Article 2 Intellectual Property Rights
Sound recordings or images that may conflict with copyright laws, as well as images that infringe on portrait rights will not be accepted. The Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever regarding the copyrights, neighboring rights, master license rights, or rights of publicity of the submitted sound recordings or images.
Article 3 The Sale of Records
The Company shall bear no responsibility whatsoever for any transactions, communications, or disputes between Users or between the User and a third party that use the Services for the purpose of financial gain.
Article 4 Disclaimer
- The Company shall be exempt from responsibility except in cases of gross or willful negligence.
- In the event that the Company has grounds to assume responsibility, the Company shall be liable for compensation only within the extent of the cost of the order.
- The Company bears no obligation to individually sort, inspect or manage audio or image file information uploaded by the User.
- The Company shall bear no responsibility for any transactions, communications, or disputes between Users or between the User and a third party regarding the use of the Services.
Article 5 Prohibitions
The User shall not engage in any of the following activities in regard to the use of the Services.
- Acts which infringe upon the intellectual property rights, publishing rights, rights of publicity, or confidential information of the Company or a third party.
- Acts that violate public order and morality and applicable laws.
- Acts associated with criminal activities.
- Acts that damage or interfere with the function of the Company's web server or network.
- Acts that may interfere with the operation of the Company's Services.
- The act of collecting or storing other Users' private information.
- The act of impersonating another User.
- Acts relevant to the Services which directly or indirectly provide benefits to antisocial forces.
- All other acts the Company deems inappropriate.
Article 6 Submitted Files
- Although the Company shall take meticulous care in handling submitted audio files, the Company shall bear no responsibility for any damages due to spontaneous failure or unforeseen accidents during operations, therefore the User is requested to save their own copies of the files.
- The Company shall keep submitted audio files for 14 days following shipment of the record, but following that the audio files shall be deleted and cannot be returned.
Article 7 Usage Fees and Payment Methods
As compensation for the use of the Services, the User shall pay the usage fee separately determined by the Company as displayed on the website and according to the method specified by the Company.
Article 8 Product Returns, Exchanges, and Order Cancellations
- Please note that the Company is unable to cancel orders or offer refunds once audio files have been received from the User and work on the order has commenced.
- Work commences on orders for CUT&REC's made-to-order original records soon after order data confirmation is complete, therefore the Company is unable to accommodate modifications to or cancellations of orders after submission. Please be sure to confirm the contents of your order via the 3D preview screen before placing your order.
- Although great care is taken in the manufacture of our product, in the unlikely event of a problem in product quality such as breakage or damage, an exchange will be provided if within 7 days of receipt of the item by the User.
- An exchange will be provided in the event of damage or defects judged to have occurred during shipping. Additionally, in such cases the Company shall bear the cost of return shipping for returned or exchanged items.
Article 9 User Registration
- The User shall apply for user registration according to the method specified by the Company, and upon approval of the application by the Company, user registration shall be complete.
The Company may refuse user registration if it is determined that any of the following reasons apply to the applicant, and the Company shall bear no obligation to disclose the reasons.
- If the applicant has provided false information when applying for user registration.
- If an application is received from an applicant who has violated the Terms.
- In other cases that the Company deems appropriate to refuse user registration.
Article 10 Changes to Registration Content
- In the event of changes to all or part of the information provided at the time of registration for the Services, the User shall promptly update registration content in accordance with a method specified separately by the Company.
- The Company shall bear no responsibility for damages that result due to a User's failure to appropriately register changes.
Article 11 Use of Personal Information
Article 12 Limitations of Use and Registration Deletion
The Company may, without prior notice, restrict the User's use of the Services in the following circumstances.
- If the User has violated any of the articles set forth in the Terms
- If it has been determined that the User provided false information in their user registration information
- In other cases which the Company deems to be inappropriate use of the Services.
- The Company shall bear no responsibility for any damages incurred by the User as a result of the Company's actions under this article.
Article 13 Changes to the Terms of Service
The Company may, at any time and without prior notice to the User, make changes to the Terms as it deems necessary. Changes to the Terms shall take effect from the moment they appear on the site unless otherwise specified by the Company.
Article 14 Changes to Service Content
The Company may make changes to the content of the Services as well as cancel the provision of the Services without prior notice to the User, and shall not bear any responsibility for damages thus incurred by the User.
Article 15 Suspension of Service Provision
The Company may suspend provision of all or part of the Services without prior notice to the User if it determines that there are any of the following reasons to do so.
- In order to perform maintenance or updates to the computer system relevant to the Services
- In the event of difficulties in providing the Services due to unforeseen circumstances such as earthquakes, lightning strikes, fires, blackouts or natural disasters
- In the event of an outage of internet or telecommunication lines due to an accident
- In other cases which the Company deems difficult to provide the Services.
- The Company shall bear no responsibility for any loss or damages incurred by the User or third party due to suspension or interruption of Services, regardless of the reason.
Article 16 Governing Law and Court of Competent Jurisdiction
Governing law for the Terms shall be Japanese law, and any disputes arising between the Company and the User relevant to the Services shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the district court which exercises jurisdiction over the locality of the Company's head office.
Article 1 (Information Privacy)
- As provided for by the Act on the Protection of Personal Information, "Personal Information" shall mean information about a living individual which can identify the specific individual by name, date of birth, address, telephone number, point of contact or other information contained in such information.
- "Personal History and Attribute Information" shall mean anything other than the "Personal Information" specified above, and refers to the Services used and the items purchased, the history of viewed pages and advertisements, keywords searched for, the date and time of use, the method of use, the system settings used, postal code and gender, occupation, age, the User's IP address, cookie information, location information, as well as the individual identifying information of the device.
Article 2 (How We Collect Personal Information)
- The Company may ask for the User's personal information such as name, date of birth, phone number, email address, credit card number, and driver's license number at the time of user registration. Additionally, transaction records including the User's personal information produced between the User and an affiliate, as well as information regarding payment may be collected from a Company affiliate (including information providers, advertisers, advertisement distributors, etc. Hereinafter referred to as an "Affiliate.").
- When the User uses the Company's Services or those of an affiliate party or views pages on the site, the Company shall collect personal history and attribute information about the User including the services and software used, products purchased, the histories of viewed pages and advertisements, the keywords searched for, the date and time of use, the method of use, the system settings used (including information on the transmission status and various settings of mobile devices when such devices are used), IP address, cookie information, location information, as well as the individual identifying information of the device.
Article 3 (Purpose of Use)
The Company shall collect and use personal information for the following purposes.
- To display registered information such as names, addresses, contact information, and payment methods, as well as services used and products purchased and the prices of such, in order to allow Users to view and modify their own registered information and browse their usage
- To use contact information such as the User's name and address in order to send notifications or contact the User by the User's email address or to communicate with the User as necessary such as when sending an item to the User
- To use information such as names, dates of birth, addresses, telephone numbers, bank account numbers, credit card numbers, driver's license numbers, as well as proof of delivery included with mail delivery results, in order to confirm the User's identity
- To use information regarding payments, such as the names and numbers of items purchased, amounts billed, names, addresses, bank account numbers, and credit card numbers, in order to settle payment with the User
- To allow information registered with the Company to be displayed on entry screens, and to forward it to other services (including those provided by an Affiliate) based on the User's instructions, in order that Users may easily enter data
- To use information to identify an individual by means of their usage, name, or address, in order to refuse service to Users who violate the Terms of this Service through delaying payment or causing damage to a third party, or to Users who intend to use the service for fraudulent or illegal purposes
- To use content from inquiries, information regarding billing information, or other such information necessary for the Company to provide Services to the User, as well as information about the service status of the User and the User's contact information, in order to respond to inquiries from Users
- For all purposes incidental to the above purposes.
Article 4 (Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties)
- The Company shall not provide any personal information of a User to any third party without the prior consent of the individual in question except for cases falling under any of the following items. However, this shall not apply to cases permitted under the Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other laws and regulations.
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is based on laws and regulations
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for the protection of the life, body, or property of an individual and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is especially necessary for improving public health or promoting the sound growth of children and in which it is difficult to obtain the consent of the individual
- Cases in which the handling of personal information is necessary for cooperating with a state organ, a local government, or an individual or a business operator entrusted by either of the former two in executing the affairs prescribed by laws and regulations and in which obtaining the consent of the individual is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned
- In cases where the following matters are communicated or announced in advance
- The purpose of obtaining information is to provide such information to a third party
- Specific personal data items to be provided to a third party
- The means by which such personal information is provided to a third party
- The provisions of information shall be suspended upon the individual's request
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the following cases shall not apply to third parties.
- Cases in which the Company outsources all or part of the handling of personal information within the scope necessary to accomplish the purposes of use
- Cases in which personal information is provided as a result of the succession of business in a merger or otherwise
- Cases in which personal information is used jointly between specific individuals or entities and in which this fact, the items of the personal information used jointly, the scope of the joint users, the purpose for which the personal information is used by them, and the name of the individual or business operator responsible for the management of the personal information is, in advance, notified to the individual or put in a readily accessible condition for the individual
Article 5 (Disclosure of Personal Information)
- If the Company receives a request from a User for the disclosure of his or her personal information, it shall respond to said request without delay. However, if any of the following items applies as a result of such disclosure, the Company may choose not to disclose all or part of the personal information and if the Company determines not to disclose the personal information, it shall thus notify the individual in question without delay. The Company shall charge a requesting User a handling fee of 1,000 yen per request for the disclosure of personal information.
- Cases in which disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the User or a third party
- Cases in which there is a possibility that such disclosure could adversely affect appropriate business operation of the Company to a material degree
- Cases in which disclosure violates other laws and regulations
- Notwithstanding the provisions of the preceding paragraph, the Company shall not, in principle, disclose information other than personal information such as personal history and attribute information.
Article 6 (Corrections and Deletion of Personal Information)
- If there is a mistake in the personal information retained by the Company, the User in question may request the Company to correct or delete the personal information through procedures set forth by the Company.
- Upon receipt of a request from a User described in the preceding paragraph, if the Company determines it necessary to respond to the request, it shall correct or delete said personal information without delay, and shall thus notify the User in question.
Article 7 (Discontinuation of Use of Personal Information)
If the Company is requested by a User to discontinue the use of or delete his or her personal information (hereinafter “the discontinuation of use”) by reason of the personal information having been used outside the scope of the purposes of use or by reason of the information having been obtained by illegal means, the Company shall carry out the necessary investigation without delay and, based on the result, shall implement the discontinuation of use and thus notify the User in question. However, in cases where the discontinuation of use of personal information may lead to a significant financial cost and in other cases where it is difficult to implement the discontinuation of use, if there is a measure available to protect the rights and interests of the User in question, the Company shall take said alternative measure.
Article 9 (Point of Contact)
Please address any inquiries regarding this Policy to the following point of contact.Point of contact: Soundrope, LLC
Address: 201 Shinmaruko Haitsu, 765 Shinmarukomachi, Nakahara-ku, Kawasaki-shi, Kanagawa, Japan
Email address: email@example.com